Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Caele Bug!

Today, my youngest step-daughter turns the big seven.



She wanted to go to Mamacita's for her birthday dinner, so the family and friends that live near by all meet there last Saturday. Personally, I suspect her decision was based on the big sombrero they plop on your head while all the wait staff sing. An experience I would rather do without, but she loved every minute of it. She "finally" got a DS and would probably have slept with it if it hadn't need to charge. Her Great-Aunt Sharon, Aunt Amber, Uncle Randall, and Cousin Bailee got her her own baseball glove. She has had a blast playing catch with Lelia and Brian. Grandma Linda and I have had quite the blast watching her get the hang of it. As everyone knows, Caele does everything full throttle, and spends much of her catching flying through the air. She has taken several bumps to the nose and chin and keeps telling Lelia to not aim for her body. Although we aren't sure where she wants her to aim.

On Sunday, the boys had a birthday of sorts themselves--one week. They continue to thrive. Still breathing on their own. Hearts and brains still looking good. Skippy's white blood cells are a little high, so they are running tests to see if he might have an infection somewhere. We should have results this afternoon. They have graduated from taking 1 ml of breast milk in their tubes to 3 and 5 mls.

Both Brian and I have gotten to touch them, which we were dying to do, but very nervous and hesitant about. But it was amazing. I immediately started bawling and that scared the nurse half to death. She kept asking, "Are you okay?" I finally got out that I was and it was a happy cry. Yesterday, I got to hold them for a few seconds. My cousin Amber took pictures and as soon as she emails them to me, I'll post them. I also got to change their diapers, which of course are tiny. But the really funny part is that they have NO butts. They look like little frogs and the only thing besides the diaper tape holding up their diapers are their bent knees.





Don't you just love their little hats. They were made by a volunteer organization called "Threads of Love". They sew, knit, and crochet blankets, hats, and pillows for preemies and then give care packages to each preemie when they're born along with their prayers. Isn't that lovely?

Jenna

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!!